Sunday, July 29, 2007

Out of whack


Wow, sometimes I just forget to write posts or something.

Things have been going alright...well, kind of. Last Friday my knee started bugging me again, but this time it's the inside and not the outside. Saturday it felt ok when I did 7, and then I took a couple days off. Tuesday I did intervals on the river trail and it was ok....not good but not bad. I was supposed to do 5 x 800 meters, but it ended up that I did 3 mile repeats (5:53, 5:57, 5:53) before realizing that I was actually doing miles and not 800s.....oops.... oh well, I got some good speedwork in anyway. The next day my knee was really bugging me and Thursday I tried to run a mile. That was probably the worst mile I have done since I've gotten back into running this summer. Now both of my knees were bugging me in the same spot and my ankles were hurting a bit too. So, I saw Todd on Saturday morning before work and he analyzed what I was doing...he said my running gait looked great, and it was actually the way I was doing the alignment exercises on my own that were causing the strain on my knees. So we fixed all that, and now things are feeling much better...though I'm gonna hold off on running til at least Tuesday.

This morning I went about an hour south of here to watch a sprint triathlon because some of my buddies were participating...and because I've never seen one before. It was honestly pretty cool, and it makes me want to do one sometime. If only I could get endurance while swimming....yea. It was an 800m swim in a lake, a 13 mile bike ride, and a 4 mile run to top it off. Sounds like fun, eh?

The pic in this post is of Jake rocking the Playmakers jersey and winning Ele's Race 5K last weekend. Nice....

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 31, 01:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're still alive out there! :) Be careful with that speedwork when you're just getting back to running. That's when you really need to listen to your body. I'm glad that you were able to figure out why your knees were hurting. Hopefully you just keep getting better! :)

 
At Fri Aug 03, 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Haha I'm with Annette on hearing that you're still alive. And I think a sprint tri would be so much fun....hmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home