Monday, June 11, 2007

Right on the beach

Alright, let's see.....the foot seemed like it was getting better, so I tried another mile on Wednesday night and I was sort of wrong. So I've been staying off of it since then just to be safe. As of right now, it's almost all healed.

Thursday morning a few of us from work went up to Mackinac Island for a couple days for a little retreat kind of thing....the island is right next to the bridge that connects the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. I had never been there before, which is hard to believe since I've lived in Michigan all my life, but wow....it was pretty awesome. There are no cars on the island (which is 8 miles around) so you get around on foot, bike, or by horse. Friday morning before we left, one of the other guys ran around the island while I paced him on a bike and it was just amazing with the sun coming up over the water of Lake Huron...we both agreed that was one of the best, if not the best, run/bikes we have ever done. So that was that...I ended up riding 28 total miles over the two days, so I definitely got a good workout in.

Other than all that, there's really not much else to talk about. The knee is feeling alright and I wanna get back out there eventually. But that's old news, who wants to hear that anymore? I know the best is still yet to come...

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 12, 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like your little vacation was fun! Hopefully the foot will heal up soon for you!

 
At Fri Jun 15, 08:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still sounding positive - so glad! :)

Sounds like a great place to bike!

Take care of that foot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home