Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lockdown

Forgive me for not posting anything in over a week....I'm taking the MCAT a week from Saturday so I've been putting every second of free time into studying. To put it simply, I've been putting myself on lockdown. So I promise I won't take this long between posts after next Saturday :)

The knee/IT band was feeling better, then Sunday rolled around and it just felt kind of weak with a dull pain during the day. Same old same old, I'm more than used to it now. Well it has kind of felt that way since then. Today I went in the pool for the first time in a couple months and did 25 minutes of aqua jogging, and it actually felt decent after that. What about now? Well it's kind of in the middle of how it's been and how it was after the pool. It still is and probably will be a day-by-day process for a little longer.

Every Wednesday night, Playmakers holds a free injury clinic where a couple of physical therapists and a sports med doctor take questions about injuries and help point out solutions to the problem. My own problem is that I usually work on Wednesday nights so I never get a chance to ask them about my knee. Well tonight after we closed and as the PTs were packing up, I caught one of them and told them about my situation: It's 90% better but I can't get over that hump and I've been doing stretches and exercises galore to help alleviate the problem. Well she agreed with everything I mentioned as far as how to go about treating myself, and she also said that once in a while there's an injury like this that just takes time and patience. She said to keep on doing what I've been doing and things should take a turn for the better sooner than later. So if there's any optimistic news to come out of everything, it's definitely that.

Also after we closed, I was still helping a customer who couldn't decide whether to get the Asics 2120 or the Adidas Supernova, but I noticed everybody was lined up on the stairs posing for a group picture. Well apparently Playmakers won an award from Runner's World...what that award is, I don't know. But perhaps the picture will be placed in a future issue of Runner's World, so if you do see it then make a note that I'm somewhere else in that store ;)

That's all I've got for now...I'll end with a video from the other night that I just can't stop watching...

2 Comments:

At Thu Mar 29, 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I'm really glad to hear you were able to get some positive news from the PT. Hopefully she's right and things will turn around for you shortly!

 
At Fri Mar 30, 06:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that shot was pretty amazing! Wow!

I hope the studying/test goes well. Keep your focus.

I don't know if you were sitting a lot this week due to studying, but I've found that when I have to sit a lot that's when the ITband flares up. Make sure you get up and walk around and keep those hips from tightening up and stretch after sitting for long periods, too.

I'll look for the Playmakers photo in future issues of Runner's World. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home