Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness!

Well I really haven't done much in the way of aerobic exercise in the past week, save for a few miles on the bike, but I have been doing a bunch in the areas of stretching and strengthening. Specifically, I've been doing the most work on my legs and my core and I'm already noticing the difference. The knee/IT Band bug me from time to time but it's not an alarming pain or anything, so that's good. It's funny though because Annette hit it right on the nose - the days I've typed my most recent posts seem to have been on days where I sound like I wanna give up, but then after a day or two I find something to give me a little confidence and keep me battling. Just gotta keep on having patience and a postive outlook....

In unrelated news, I took my '96 Oldsmobile Ciera into the shop yesterday because the "check engine soon" light kept turning on and off in the past couple weeks and I noticed I was getting some engine hesitation. Well when the mechanic told me what was up after the diagnostic exam, he went through the list of everything that absolutely needed to be replaced or probably needed to be replaced in the near future. He mentioned the price of each thing separately and didn't say the total, but I bet it was gonna be over $2000 easy. We've put so much money into that car for repairs and such already, so my dad decided to just sell the car to the shop and lease another car for me to get around. Check it out...a 2007 Chevy Malibu :) It drives so much better than the old car, believe me. So that's been the big bright spot for me in the past couple of days.

And you know what else is a big bright spot? The NCAA tournament starts tomorrow! I'm like a little kid at Christmas, I can't wait anymore. Jess knows how I feel :) Too bad sitting in front of the TV won't keep me fit.

3 Comments:

At Thu Mar 15, 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

ohhh check out you in your new car

and check out your basketball team beasting it up in round one!!!

gotta love march

 
At Mon Mar 19, 12:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay - new car! What fun. :)

I'm glad to hear that the stretching/strengthening seems to be helping the ITband. Keep it up!

Enjoy the bball games - but don't spend all of March in front of the TV. ;)

 
At Mon Mar 19, 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

I'm in Texas, but grew up in North Carolina, so I'm an avid Tarheel fan. Like you, I love March Madness. I hope my Heels can make it past USC and then whoever wins between Georgetown/Vanderbilt. As for running, you have very impressive times and a good running ethic based on your posts.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Thanks and good luck in your training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home