Thursday, February 22, 2007

My foot hates me

Injuries have a funny way of working sometimes. All day Monday I was pain free, but it was the exact opposite on Tuesday. Wednesday was ok and so was today, but I still had a little bit of pain. It's more frustrating than anything, let me tell you.

You know what else is peculiar? I graduated and I can't be on my parents' insurance plan anymore. Which means I'll have to pay a bunch if I go to the doc or any other health related place that will try to fix me. Soooooo yea.

The bike has become my best friend as of late, and I added the mileage count to my sidebar. Tuesday I did an easy 10.5 miles, Wednesday I did an easy 6, and today I did 16 miles of which about 10 miles were devoted to speed intervals. I guess it's the least I can do without being able to go on a treadmill or elliptical for the time being. This weekend I'm gonna buy an aqua jogger float so I can get going on that.

I also added a couple more races to my future schedule - the Capitol City Half Marathon on September 30, which is conveniently 3 weeks before the Detroit Marathon on the just-announced date of October 21. As far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna be totally healthy and I'm gonna get some sweet redemption.

I guess injuries have a way of making me shorten my posts too.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 24, 02:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you are getting in some form of exercise. I know it's not running, but it's something!

Bummer about the insurance. That makes being injured a bit more challenging.

I'm thinking about a return trip to my chiropractor, as she does some real deep massage and ultra-sound on my foot to loosen things up. I'll see how things progress this week. I tried a short run today! I do miss it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home