Thursday, January 04, 2007

And 'aloha' means goodbye

I swear I'll be posting more often once I get back home...

Monday I went swimming at halftime of the Rose Bowl, and that's about it. It was New Year's Day, also known as my 22nd annual day of being lazy and watching college football allllll day long :) More about that in a second....

Tuesday I ran 4 miles, and it was definitely the best 4 miles I have run since before my marathon in late October. Nothing hurt me at all during the entire run and it put a smile on my face. Big time.

Wednesday I walked around a lot, and everything felt fine. This weekend is the Mercedes-Benz Championship, which is the season opening golf tournament for the PGA, and it's on a golf course not even 5 minutes away from where I'm staying in Hawaii. Wednesday was the pro-am, and I got to watch guys such as Kelly Slater, Dennis Hopper, and Samuel L. Jackson hit the links with the pros...it was a good deal :) Anyone who's interested in seeing the scenery from where I've been the past couple weeks should watch the Golf Channel Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It's really something special.

Today I ran again...two miles in, I felt great so I decided to try a fast mile to see how my legs responded. The first 7/8 of the mile were great, and then I felt some discomfort in the knee, but it ended up being a 6:30 mile in very strong wind at some points. I ended up doing another slow mile to make it 4 total miles, and then called it a day. The knee didn't bother me at all during the rest of the day, but the discomfort still makes an appearance every now and then. I was planning on running again tomorrow but I think I'm gonna go swimming instead. My plane leaves here tomorrow around 5pm and I'm not gonna arrive in Michigan until Saturday afternoon, and since I'm probably gonna be jet-lagged, I'm just gonna try running again on Sunday. No big deal. And I'm also going to update my sidebar a little bit too when I get back, hence why there's no 2007 mileage count yet.

As for the bowl games, I'm not gonna say much but I'm reallllllly glad Michigan got pounded by USC. Typical, they whine and whine about deserving better and then they can't even show up in their bowl game. And how about those Boise State Broncos?!? I love it when the underdog small schools make a statement that they belong. It's just more proof that we need a playoff system...

2 Comments:

At Fri Jan 05, 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

i love doing nothing but watching football new years day....only in America

....heartbroken about Notre Dame's embarrassment, I'll probably still be crying in a corner about it when you get back from Hawaii

 
At Fri Jan 05, 11:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your progress continues! :) Don't worry about the discomfort. It's so normal! Just keep paying attention to it. Eventually, you'll be back to normal. Sorry the vacation's over. Good luck getting back to reality. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home