Friday, December 22, 2006

Aloooooooooha!

The weather is beautiful out here and I wouldn't want it any other way....especially on the first full day of winter :) It has been unseasonably warm back in Michigan, but that just doesn't compare.

VERY good news on this side of the computer though! I went running on Tuesday afternoon, fully intending to do 2 miles, but I was able to make it 3 miles without any noticable pain. I could have probably gone longer but I didn't want to ruin a good thing. Wednesday was my travel day, Thursday I swam a few laps without any pain, and then today I went running again. Like I said in the last post, it's pretty hilly where we are, but I was able to find a fairly flat stretch close to home that measures about a quarter-mile long. It has two rolling hills that don't seem to have more than a few feet of incline and decline.

Getting over there was exercise in itself because I had to traverse a couple of steep hills, but if I could effectively walk up and down those hills with no pain, I knew I was in great shape. I did 6 laps for a total of 3 miles and I did have a sort of burning sensation on the top of my tibia near the end of the run, but that quickly went away. All in all, it was another good run. I'd say I was doing 7:30-8:00 pace, so it was right in my comfort zone - not too quick, not too slow.

Tomorrow is definitely gonna be a swimming day, but I decided that I'm gonna revert back to the marathon schedule I made for myself to train for Detroit. That means running on Sun, Tue, Thur, Fri and cross training or resting the other days. We'll see how it works out, but so far so good.

1 Comments:

At Sat Dec 23, 02:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you were able to run without incident. How awesome is that? :) Don't get over-zealous with your training. If it hurts, remember your health is more important than your training. (Yes, I'm telling you what I have to tell myself.)

Enjoy your warm vacation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home