Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More than useless


I've read about something called the Post-marathon Blues, but did they really take knee injuries into consideration when discussing that? I wouldn't say I'm sad, I'm just frustrated because I really wanna get back out there again. I've almost felt helpless in a way, but what can I do. The knee is getting better, I can walk again now instead of limping everywhere, but I still have pain where the IT band is. A positive sign is a positive sign, and I'll take it.

I've been putting the pieces of the proverbial puzzle together recently and I think I may have an alignment problem with my right leg. It's hard to explain, it's something I gotta show people...but I think a trip to a podiatrist or sports med doc may be in my near future.

I take solace in the fact that I ran a marathon only 9 minutes slower than Lance Armstrong.

Dean Karnazes is a beast. 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states....he runs the first 49 mostly around 4-hour pace and smokes the last one in 3:00:36 at NYC. Then he ran 28 miles the next day to keep the muscles loose. Sick.

In response to Jess, I'm kind of apathetic about the MSU coaching situation. I sort of feel it's more of a problem than the head coach, but I also felt a change was needed. I just hope we find the right replacement...

That's all I've got.
"I thought I had 2:40 or 2:45 in me, and ran the first half in 1:21:29 (2:43 pace) but really fell apart in the 2nd half. Start slow and finish strong. I need to listen and follow my own advice." --Steve on his 2:56:56 performance at the Chicago Marathon

2 Comments:

At Thu Nov 09, 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Maybe a new coach will sort of usher in an era a change, recruiting will start picking up and things will start looking up for the program....which is cool for every game in your season except when you play ND :o)

 
At Thu Nov 09, 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the knee. I know how you're feeling. I spent a long time trying to deal with ITband pain only to find out it was an issue with my hip. Definitely see someone about your alignment - everything's connected! Try and find something you can do instead of running for now. (I think that's the hardest part!) Good luck and take it easy on that knee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home