Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Warm me up

Well, Monday I did my usual biking regimen, about 15 miles to loosen up the muscles, and then did 4 on the elliptical yesterday, and today I lifted weights. The hip is feeling much better, though I can still feel something there so I'm still bombarding it with ice, advil, and massage. I guess I'm feeling like being short and to the point today.

This weather S-U-C-K-S. It makes me nervous because I really don't know what it's gonna be like on the 29th. I know it'll probably be ass cold at the start....come on, it's Michigan in late October. Ok, so I'll wear spandex with shorts on the outside to carry my Clif Shot Blocks, and a couple of technical shirts on top, maybe a headband and gloves too. Sounds like a plan...but what if I get too hot? I don't know, maybe I'm just freaking out because it's my first time.

How about them Tigers?!?!? You better believe it...

p.s. I hate school.

3 Comments:

At Thu Oct 12, 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Besides the fact that profs are total evil when planning midterms, I'm freaking out about what to wear this weekend. It's supposed to be high of 58, but it's going to be freezing when the race starts. Oh man as if I need more stress/things to worry about on top of the fact that this is my first marathon. Oh I am so nervous it's not even funny.

I hate October weather. It's so fickle!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 07:25:00 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Hey, the weather is pretty cold and windy here...I am sure it will warm up before the 29th!! It is only 29 degrees here with 44 mph wind gusts! Yuck!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 11:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wear layers that you aren't too attached to. Then you can just throw them off on the side of the road if you get too hot.

I've been icing my hip lately, too. Between that, some hip exercises and not running for 5 days, it's feeling much better.

Sorry you're hating school. Hope it gets better. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home