Saturday, September 23, 2006

GO STATE! BEAT THE IRISH!

It's gameday!

...and it's gonna be interesting. Gametime is set for 8pm and we're supposed to get big thunderstorms tonight. Fantastic.

This game marks the 40th anniversary of the "Game of the Century" back in 1966. MSU was #1 in one poll, Notre Dame #1 in the other, and the two teams played to a 10-10 tie. Notre Dame ended up winning the national championship because that was MSU's last game, and Notre Dame annhialated USC the next week in convincing fashion. The game also featured 20 All-Americans and 30 future pro players. So yea...you can imagine the amount of talent that was on the field that day.

Why is this particular game important? Well...MSU has won 7 of the last 9 meetings, including 44-41 in overtime in South Bend last year. And if Notre Dame wasn't pissed about losing all those times already, we planted our flag in their field after our victory last year. So they'll be out for the kill, especially since they didn't show up last week against the rodents down south.

As for running...yesterday morning I did 5 miles, and the ankle felt alright. It was actually one of the better runs that I've had in a while. At one point though, I started to hallucinate. It was the time of the morning where the sun was just coming up, and I passed thru a part where trees line the sidewalk, so it seemed to be much darker than usual. I daydream hardcore when I run, and I think it just kind of got to me a little bit, but I quickly snapped out of it.

Tomorrow I am doing my 20 mile training run at the Capitol City River Run 10 Mile race. The race starts at 10am...not a big deal, right? Well...read the top of this post again. Gametime is 8pm and games last somewhere between 3.5 and 4 hours, so I probably won't get back to my house until after midnight. Add in the weather...if there's a thunderstorm, they're gonna have to delay the game until the storm moves through, and I guessing we (the marching band) have to stay through all of it. So, by the worst of luck, I might not get that much sleep tonight. But I am definitely looking forward to the run. So we'll see how it goes.

GO STATE!

2 Comments:

At Sat Sep 23, 03:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your race! I hope the game doesn't get delayed at all, so you can get some quality sleep before your run. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes!

 
At Mon Sep 25, 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I hope your run went well! This weekend's game was insane and involved a lot of me jumping up and down and screaming at the TV. I won't lie MSU played one hell of a game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home