Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sorting things out

Even though I pretty much decided my September racing schedule about a month ago, I never put in writing on here and updated the upcoming race list on the right side of the page. I am actually not going to do any of them - the Dewitt Trail Run 5K on 9/10, the Playmakers Autumn Classic 8K on 9/17, the Capitol City River Run 10 Miler on 9/24, and the Dinosaur Dash 5K on 10/1. What sucks is that they're all on consecutive Sundays, but they're all part of the Playmakers race series, and any race included in that is tons of fun.

Now, I'm not going to shy away from them completely. The course director of the Capitol City River Run 10 Miler is a veteran marathoner, and he offers course support for a 20 mile training run. Good deal, just what I need - a quality long run in a race atmosphere that will get me ready for Detroit.

My only problem is this: My weekend long runs from here on out according to my training plan are 18, 20, 16, 7, 20, 12, 8, and then 26.2 miles. The only way I can get the said 20 mile training run to fit into my schedule is to rearrange those first three runs to 16, 18, and then 20 miles. I talked to my sister about this since she has run some marathons too, and she told me it should be just fine, but to listen to my body for the second time I do 20 miles. She said most training plans give only one run of 20 miles, while there are some that only go up to 16, so if I feel fine to do that other 20 mile run, then she suggested to take it slow since the first one will be at or above marathon race pace (i.e. 7:10/mile or faster).

Yesterday I biked 15 miles and today I ran an easy 4 miles, nothing too bad, but I did feel a little heavy. Not too sure why. Tomorrow I'm probably gonna lift or maybe go swimming if the weather cooperates...though I should get a headstart on homework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home