Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bury my heart at wounded knee

Well, here I am trying to capitalize on a good week. This morning I was planning on waking up and running 6 miles, so I did my usual warm-up around the block as usual. Right near the end of it though, I felt a twinge in my left knee. Nothing bad, this happens to me every now and then, so I massaged it for a couple minutes, then stretched as usual, and everything felt fine. Ok good, it was nothing. I headed out and felt fine til about the end of the 1st mile, and it just started hurting. It's nothing bad because this always goes away in 2-4 days, but it just frustrates me when it does occur. I've found that it's usually because of nervousness about some upcoming event, but there's no rhyme or reason to this one because, if anything, I'm so damn excited about this race on Saturday. I really wanna prove my worth. The pain in my knee is hard to explain too....if I could relate it to anything, it would be chondromalacia patella, a.k.a runner's knee. Another reason that it doesn't make sense is that I always pay careful attention to my stretching...although I forgot to stretch before I went to bed last night, so who knows.

This all may mean that I have to skip my run on Thursday, and there's no way I'm gonna run on Friday with a long race very early on Saturday (8am), so I could be going in with 5 days of rest. No matter what happens though, don't doubt for one second that I'm gonna run like the dickens when that starting gun goes off.

"Because you had a bad day....."

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 09, 11:08:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

that's so frustrating about your knee! hope that works itself out in time for the race!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home