Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One step closer

If there's anything to be happy about, it's the workout that I had this morning. I felt ambitious enough to hop on the treadmill and see how my calf would hold up...and it started bugging me in the first quarter mile. Just great. So I decided to finish out the quarter mile and then hop on the exercise bike, but I got distracted. I was watching Sportscenter and they had this feature on about a girl who played with an all guys little league team, but then she got brain cancer or something and couldn't play anymore. After some rounds of chemotherapy, she finally reunited with her team and since she lives in Washington, the team got to run onto Safeco Field where the Seattle Mariners play and also meet the team and watch the game from special seats. It was a great uplifting story and by the time it was over, I was half a mile down the line and totally forgot about what was bugging me near my calf - it all went away! So I planned on doing 3 miles and I kept to that, all the while monitoring my leg and possibly stopping if things got bad. Luckily, I never had to resort to that.

I also played an hour of indoor soccer with the kids at camp tonight because it was raining out, so they couldn't go anywhere, and my leg really responded well to all the short sprints and twisting/cutting I had to do. It also helped that we played on the new turf with those shreds of tire rubber, so it was a nice forgiving surface. I have myself penciled in for a tempo run on Thursday, but I may just take it as an easy run if I'm not feeling comfortable with upping the pace just yet. Thursday is also an exciting day because it's the start of the Playmakers Sidewalk Sale, which means an early birthday gift of new shoes for me ;)

Right now I'm watching the MLB All Star Game....and is it just me, or are the announcers on Fox really really REALLY boring? It's not helping that the score is low (2-1 in the 7th) but the crowd just seems to be so dead too. Hopefully the American League can come back!

1 Comments:

At Fri Aug 18, 01:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home