Friday, June 30, 2006

The light is ready to turn green!

This internship is taking a lot out of me. I did 50 and a half hours for it this week, which explains why I haven't posted since Monday...though I have the whole next week off.

Good news on this side of the computer though! My leg had generally been feeling better as of late and I knew I could get back to running soon because this weekend will mark 4 full weeks without running. Wednesday I did 4 miles on the elliptical in the morning as usual and really didn't expect too much movement at camp during the day. That is, until we needed extra tennis courts and the coach sent a group of kids to play at the courts behind Fee Hall. The campers had to jog to the courts (sucks for them!) which were about a mile away (sucks for them!), and they had to take a detour because the straightest route was blocked by construction (sucks for them!)...and Coach told me to run behind them to make sure the slow runners didn't get lost (oh shit...). I'm the kind of guy who doesn't easily make excuses and say no, so I did it. Little did I know, or expect for that matter, it felt pretty good! And the best part is that nothing hurt afterwards either! To say that all made my day a good one is an understatement.

On Thursday, there were a few kids who needed ice from the training room, so when that crisis came up, I decided to jog there just to see if I could get the same results as the previous day....and that worked too! My ant-tibs were sore from Wednesday, which usually happens when I take a little layoff from running, but I took the pain as a compliment because it meant that I'm finally on my way back to what I love doing. It's weird how that works sometimes.

Today was a semi-rest day....no exercise, but I was busy all day with different things. Tomorrow is the big day though! It will be 4 weeks to the day since I last officially ran, so I'm gonna try a 3 mile run, and stretch it into 4 if everything feels good. You can bet I can hardly contain my excitment... :)

Does anyone else ever think about all the stuff you wanna write about in their blog, but then forget about it when you're actually writing it? That's a problem I'm trying to solve...

1 Comments:

At Mon Jul 03, 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Good luck!!! I really hope you're run goes well!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home