Monday, June 12, 2006

Maybe it's all that I needed

First things first, credit needs to be given where credit is due....many thanks to Susan for helping me with the new header! Check out her blog if you haven't yet, she's always got something good to say.

Week 2, day 2 without running. And again I did 4 miles on the elliptical while watching the Czech Republic toy with the US team in the World Cup. Did we even show up? Anyway...things still feel better. Maybe every once in a while during the day I'll get some dull pain down in my lower leg, but it is TONS better than it was last week. Even so, to make a reference to baseball, I put myself on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to June 3, so that means I'm not even gonna try running until at least the 18th, which is Sunday. Zeke posted a response to my last post saying that I really should go see the doctor, but a good majority of me is thinking that now I'm not going to because I feel so much better. I really think it's the heat and compression that I've added in recent days that has done the trick. I was also on my feet for 5+ hours straight each of the last two days and nothing bad came out of that. I may still call the doc just in case...I wanna see how I feel tomorrow.

Tonight I saw a girl wearing a hooded sweatshirt that said "Columbia Roadrunners" on it. Seeing it as a chance to make small talk with someone, I asked her if that was referring to running and yea, she runs cross country at Columbia. So I had a very small conversation with her about marathons (very small because she was with her dad), and when I mentioned I'm doing Detroit this fall as my first one, her dad was like "ohhhh you probably shouldn't do that..." Hahaha, just what I don't wanna hear :) But the girl said she ran it and it was fine. Being Michigan and the end of October, she said the weather plays a vital role in how well you run.

I swear there was something else I wanted to write about, but I can't remember...I feel like I've got so many things on my mind right now. I need to find an internship for this fall semester. I need to figure out what I'm doing after I graduate. I need to complete my applications for med school. Argh...

1 Comments:

At Tue Jun 13, 08:50:00 AM, Blogger Chad said...

Well, I hope the time off works for you. Normally it works for me too, but with this last injury it hasnt'. Therefore, I've been more adamant about seeing a doc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home