Monday, June 19, 2006

Tennis, anyone?

Tonight I've gotta recap three days of total craziness, so bear with me...

Saturday: I did 4 hard miles on the elliptical and then did a bunch of mostly leg exercises in the pool, so basically I kicked my ass in the form of cross training. But oh was it a great workout :) It was cool because I got one of my out-of-shape roomates to come with me, so that gave me a sense of self satisfaction....or whatever they call it. The workout also felt great because NOTHING HURT! Usually when I'm on the elliptical, I pedal forward for a few minutes, then pedal backward for a few minutes, and then repeat the cycle as needed. That way I can work all the good muscles in the legs. Problem is, I haven't pedaled backward at all recently because it made my calf hurt, so you can imagine how happy it made me when I didn't feel pain this time around!

Sunday: I don't think I've mentioned this at all but today I started my internship with the Nike Tennis Camp here on campus. Basically they have me doing all the dirty work of getting things organized, setting things up, helping transfer kids to places, etc. Today wasn't bad at all, as I was mostly sitting down and greeting kids, and then making copies of stuff. Then at night, I had to go dog-sit my sister's basset hound while she, her husband, and her kid are in Chicago for a couple days. This dog isn't exactly skinny...so when I got there, the first thing I did was take the mutt for a walk. And I stress the word walk. Little did I know, this pooch packed a punch! He started out running as fast as he could, which made me jog, and I figured his girth would give in and make him slow down soon...but this dog kept going! It was almost as if the poor thing was challenging me. Well, seeing as though it's been 15 days since I last ran, I decided to chance it and see what happens. Turns out, nothing hurt at all and everything felt as good as new. Good stuff :)

And now, we go to today. And what a day it was. I had to do the internship today from 8:30am til 5:30pm and then work with my kid with Down Syndrome at 7pm, so I decided to an early workout this morning at 6:15am. Seeing as though it would be my first full day of the internship and I wasn't quite sure what they'd have me doing, I decided to do 3 more miles on the elliptical even though I REALLY wanted to go running. Turns out it was a great choice, because I was on my feet and outside for the whole day today, aside from the hour and half for lunch. My leg feels ok, but I really think the muscles are just tired from standing so long. From what I hear, tomorrow won't be so bad...but we'll see what it brings. I'm gonna try running Wednesday, probably in the morning, but I'll decide that based on how I feel when I wake up.

So that's the craziness in a nutshell. Cheers!

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 19, 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I'm so glad to hear you're leg seems to be doing better! That's really awesome! You're internship sounds pretty cool too....have fun with that tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home