Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hit or miss

Week 2, day 4 without running. Well...real running. Today I went swimming because it was really nice out, and I figured I should give myself a good cardiovascular workout since I haven't really had any of those lately, and I did some aqua running for the first time ever. My friend Katie lifeguards at the pool here on campus and she's done it a few times, so she was showing me what to do. It looks simple, but it really is pretty tough. Especially if you're like me and don't really ever swim.

About the injury...I really don't know anymore. It was fine up through my last post, then I woke up the next day (Tuesday morning) and it seemed to have flared up again. Nothing big, it was just....there. So I definitely decided to take Zeke's advice and schedule a doctor appointment for tomorrow morning. The problem with that is now it's a lot better again. It was sort of like magic, like how some injuries just go away for no apparent reason. It went away Tuesday night and I felt good all day today, but I'm still gonna let the doc know what's been going on. It's better to err on the side of safety on this one, especially with marathon training coming up. And really...if it's still nothing, a co-pay is the worst thing that comes out of this appointment.

Just in case though, I iced my lower leg a bit today, and at one point I was icing my ankle while I was laying on the couch and watching the soccer game between Germany and Poland. Problem is, I fell asleep....and 45 minutes later I woke up and realized I still had ice on my ankle! Haha, only I would do something like that :) Good part was my ankle/foot weren't too numb, but it sure woke me up for good. And what a game that was! I couldn't believe those last few minutes....it may have been a 1-0 game but it sure had a bunch of excitement at the end.

On a random note, my buddy Aleks started the dodgeball club here at MSU (there's a few others at other campuses too), and he's sending a little highlight video to everyone he knows so that maybe other schools will maybe see it and start a club of their own....thus expanding the level of competition. Check it out...

2 Comments:

At Fri Jun 16, 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

uh oh...Mich. State....I'm not sure we can be friends anymore lol. Even though I go to University of Maryland, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE (ok I'm sure you get the point) Notre Dame fan. So I guess we can be friends, just not on Sept. 23 b/c I'm sure you'll be pretty upset about the loss. hehe!

 
At Fri Jun 16, 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

addition to previous comment that I forget b/c sometimes I'm a total space-cadet: good luck at the doc. I hope they can figure out what's wrong/maybe help to fix it. injuries suck big time! let me know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home