Thursday, September 21, 2006

The elliptical owns me

School always seems to get the best of me...so I'll try to make this short and sweet because I still gotta read a little bit before I call it a night...

On Monday my ankle was feeling a bit of after-effects from the 18 mile run on Sunday, so I've been concentrating on icing it and generally trying to make it feel better. I biked about 15 miles on Monday, then on Tuesday I didn't feel comfortable enough to run on the ankle, so I did 4 miles on the elliptical. Wednesday I lifted, and this morning I jumped on the elliptical for 4 miles again just as a precaution. My ankle feels alright as of tonight, so I'm gonna try for 5 miles in the morning with flexibility to shorten it if needed. There....short and sweet.

Oh, what is it about elliptical machines? I usually go between 180-190 strides per minute, which seems to be a pretty swift pace, but it takes 11 minutes to do one mile. Does anybody know why this is? Does it have to do with the length of the flywheel or something like that? So....when I say I do 4 miles on the elliptical, it takes about 44 minutes, which equates to about 6 miles of running at just under 7:30 pace. I don't know...it's just one of those things I wonder about while I'm daydreaming in class.

2 more days until MSU vs. Notre Dame on national TV!

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 22, 07:22:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

tomorrow's the big day....(yeah i have a 20 mile run to do)....but more importantly ND vs MSU....and i'm pretty sure they'll be out for blood after their little mishap last weekend...get ready for a beatdown :o)

 
At Sat Sep 23, 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I was hoping you'd have a new post up for me to talk smack on lol, but sadly you don't so I'll just re-post here....8 hours and counting....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home