Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Frustrated

I'm gonna jump on my sports soapbox here for a minute...

MSU lost to Illinois, a team that hadn't won a Big Ten game in two years. Adding insult to injury, our QB suffered bruised ribs (is probable for this weekend) and our starting running back is out for the season due to what I've heard is a torn ACL. It's amazing what one week can do for you....last Saturday we were 3-0 and DOMINATING Notre Dame in the 3rd quarter, and now we're reeling at 3-2 and playing our next two games against #6 Michigan and #1 Ohio State. Ouch. What really gets me though is our coach. He doesn't have control of this team anymore and nobody on campus likes him anymore either. His main quote after the loss to Illinois..."All week. That's the way we practiced, what you saw.
"We can't get them to go. And apparently I don't have the answer." -Coach John L. Smith
Well Coach, if you don't have the answers then who does?? This guy has gotta go...

Baseball now - congrats to the Twins on winning the AL Central, but are you telling me that the Tigers can't even win one game out of three against a 100 loss team? The Tigers didn't even deserve to win the division and now they're gonna get annihilated against New York. I love my Tigers, but I'm a realist.

End rant. Sigh...frustrating.

As for my running, it's been weird. My knee just kind of magically felt better on Saturday, but after we were marching out of the stadium after the football game, I got introduced to a bout of trochanteric bursitis on my right side. I know it was that because I had the same thing in high school, but on the left side, so I knew how to take care of it too. Sunday morning I jogged the last 5K in the Playmakers Race Series so I could run my total of 6 out of 12 races and get a cool t-shirt, and things felt alright. But then again, I was under the influence of Advil and Icy Hot. I took care of it the rest of Sunday and all of Monday, then ran 4 miles this morning. It was mostly a run to get my mind off things, but it was good run as everything felt alright.

Well, that's that....time to go study more for the big physiology exam tomorrow....

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 06, 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John L. Smith has one of the best recruiting classes coming in next year that MSU has ever seen. I don't think people realized that those recruits don't sign with MSU until February 2nd. If John L. gets fired before then we lose them. THEN it will be another 3 or 4 years until the next coach gets HIS recruits in. Fire John L. Smith if you want another 4 years of frustrating football with mediocre players.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home