Friday, November 17, 2006

Bummed out

Well it's been 2 weeks and 5 days since I last ran. I really haven't had any motivation to write any entries in here because nothing has been going on. Oh well....reminds me of the month of June when I had to sit out, but at least then I could do other things like swim or use the elliptical or bike.

The knee is getting better, that's a plus. But it still hurts a little after walking for a prolonged amount of time. And if it hurts while walking, it sure as hell is gonna hurt while running. The weird thing about all of this is that when it starts to hurt, I take a couple of Advil caplets - usually around lunchtime - and the pain goes away for the whole rest of the day. It's weird to me because the bottle says "temporarily removes aches and pains...", and I don't know about you but my definition of 'temporarily' in this context isn't more than 4-5 hours.

I scheduled a doctor appointment for Tuesday morning since it's the first time he had available. Perhaps he can check on my alignment and, if not, refer me to a good physical therapist around here. One thing I've been doing in the meantime is strengthing my gluteus medius muscles a little...I've found that weakness in that area can contribute to IT Band syndrome, so might as well try to make it stronger.

Play on, playas.

1 Comments:

At Sat Nov 18, 07:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand how you're feeling, but I'm glad to hear you haven't been running. And, I'm glad you have a dr. appt. I hope that goes well. Maybe you could use this time to focus on upper body strength - that won't hurt your knee. :) Don't let this get you too far down. You'll be back to running soon - I hope!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home