Monday, December 18, 2006

Freaking out...or maybe not

You'd think I'd have more time now to write a post, but apparently that's not how the script is written out.

I was freaking out this past week because I thought it was the 16th week out from Boston, which means I'd ultimately have to make a decision of whether or not I'm gonna run it. That is, until I checked my calender and realized that the week of Christmas is the 16th week out, so I do have a little more of a grace period to decide what's gonna happen.

I really feel that the knee and IT band are healing, and the PT is really helping. On Thursday I hopped on the elliptical for 4 miles, biked 5 miles on a stationary bike on Friday, did 4 miles on the elliptical on Saturday, and did 5 more miles on the elliptical on Sunday. All in all, everything held up. I do have pain in my right knee area, but it's in the tendon of one of the hamstrings...so I'm pretty sure it's unrelated. I think I accidentally just pulled something.

Today at PT they attached wedges to the underside of my new inserts to make my legs line up better and effectively make me run more biomechanically efficient. Sounds great to me! You know what else sounds great? I'm headed out to Hawaii on Wednesday. It's pretty hilly in the area where we're gonna be, so I don't know how much running I'll be able to do. I may have to find a flat stretch, measure it out, and then run back and forth to get in some flat miles that won't put too much stress on my knees. That's all assuming I can run without pain. I'm also planning on doing a bunch of swimming too, so that'll help.

Anyway, cheers for now.

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 18, 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

It's nice to see you have so time ahead of you before Boston!! PT did marvelous things for my knee! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

I am so jealous about Hawaii!!! I was there last year as I type this and it was amazing! Have a good time! =)

 
At Tue Dec 19, 09:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an awesome time in Hawaii! The idea of sunny and warm sounds so great right now. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

I'm glad things are progressing with your PT, etc. Keep up the good work! :)

 
At Fri Dec 22, 03:13:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Glad to hear your PT is going well. I'm hoping you'll be able to do Boston!

Have an awesome time in Hawaii....the sun and the sand sounds like an amazing alternative to the dreariness that's going on at home now :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home