Sunday, November 19, 2006

Random thoughts

This is a bullet kind of post, I can feel it...
  • A grand 'welcome to the world' goes out to my new nephew! Born Friday night at 8:31 pm, 7 lbs, 11 ounces, and apparently LOVES to sleep.
  • My fantasy football team is 3-7, probably about to be 3-8, and has been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. That's the last time I forget about the draft and let Yahoo pick my players...
  • The knee sometimes seems like it's getting better and sometimes seems like it's just not healing at all. In response to Annette, however, I have been lifting the upper body and core. That's something I've been good about since high school. Hopefully this week I'll go swimming...we'll see what the doc says on Tuesday.
  • Not gonna run the Turkeyman Trot on Thanksgiving, obviously. If I'm cleared to run, I may just jog it with my buddy Greg because he wants to do it.
  • Good luck to the MSU men's and women's cross-country teams tomorrow at the NCAA championships in Terra Haute, Indiana! The men are ranked #27 in the nation and the women are ranked #4 in the nation....so it's more likely the women will bring home some hardware, but we'll see.
  • I really want to run again. It's been 3 weeks.
"Don't allow injuries or other setbacks to derail your faith in your ultimate goals. Everyone goes through hard times." --Kara Goucher in this month's issue of Runner's World

1 Comments:

At Tue Nov 21, 08:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good quote! I haven't read this month's Runner's World yet - but the quote is applicable to me right now, too. Thanks!

I'm glad you're getting in other workouts! Keep it up!

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home