Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sports soapbox

Alriiiiiight, I've got an appointment with a sports med doc tomorrow morning! They called on Monday and set everything up with me, so we're gonna do this. And I guess I didn't mention this a couple posts ago, but I got x-rays taken of my legs after my doc appointment last week for a leg length survey. This is all because I have a sneaking suspicion that my right leg is shorter than the left. Well, I got the x-rays back today so I can give them to the sports med doc tomorrow, and here's what the radiologist said...
  • My right femur is 51.1 cm long and my left femur is 51.28 cm long
  • My right tibia is 41.85 cm long and my left tibia is 42.16 cm long
  • There is a mild pelvic tilt, where my left hip is about 0.2cm higher than the right hip
So basically it's saying that my right leg is shorter than my left leg, which is what I had thought. Truth be told, results don't lie. So we'll see what happens tomorrow morning, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Ok, time to jump on the sports soapbox!
  • Did anybody catch the end of the Indiana/Duke basketball game tonight? Wow...Indiana had some piss-poor play execution in the last five minutes of the game. Duke literally gave them a couple gifts (missed free throws, a stolen inbounds pass, etc.) and Indiana did NOTHING with it. I know it's a young team, but still....if Kelvin Sampson is your coach, that shouldn't happen. And isn't it crazy that it was the first time Indiana has ever played in Cameron Indoor Stadium? Yea....you think it's crazy too, huh?
  • MSU (finally) hired a new football coach - Mark Dantonio, who was the head coach of Cincinnati. I really think it's a good hire because he has ties here (was an assistant for a few years), was the defensive coordinator for Ohio State when they won the national championship a couple years ago, and he's got a straight-up bulldog mentality. That's exactly what we needed - somebody to take the bull by the horns. But man, it seemed like a new "flavor of the day" theme with the searching process. A new coach seemed to emerge as the frontrunner every morning, but then again a lot of that was perpetrated by message board junkies.
  • I watched that new show "My Boys" tonight on TBS....the one about a girl who lives/hangs out with a bunch of guys. I sort of got dragged into it, but I actually kind of like it. I guess the girl is a sports journalist or something, I don't know exactly, but she's cute and she made a bunch of sports analogies during the show and I sat there thinking, "Man, where can I find that kind of girl?" Because, for all I know, all the girls out there who may be reading this probably lost interest at "sports soapbox" and stopped reading.
End rant.

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 30, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I wanted to watch MY Boys so bad I thought it looked funny and I totally missed it. I felt I should watch it because it's like the story of my life...all my friends are guys. I will have to try to catch it next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home