Thursday, April 12, 2007

We are the champions!

Congrats to the 2007 national champion Michigan State University hockey team! More details at the end of this post... :)

Soooo I took the MCAT last Saturday. It actually went alright, it was everything I expected it to be. I had taken a Kaplan course this time around, and they did an excellent job at getting me prepared for the exam and more making the most out of my potential. I breezed through the first section (physics and general chemistry) with only some minor hitches and that gave me a lot of confidence for the rest of the exam. The next section is verbal reasoning where you read a passage and they ask you questions like "What was the purpose of the passage?" or "What did the author mean by this?" Stuff like that....that's always my worst section, so I felt pretty average on that. The third section is two writing samples based on prompts that they give you, and I felt alright on that too. The last section (biology and organic chemistry) was a little harder than I was hoping, but I finished with some time to spare so I went back and reviewed some questions. As I was doing that, I didn't see any good reason why I would've changed my answers to an alternative answer....so that made me feel better in the end. Overall, it was a good experience. It was really quiet and everything went as planned. Now all I have to do is wait a month for my score to arrive!

Some guy came into Playmakers last night, and it was so bizarre with the story he was telling me: He ran the Detroit Marathon last October as his first one, and he hurt his knee around mile 15. Sound familiar? He said he had pain in the same spot as me too. I thought that was the weirdest thing ever, that his story was the same as mine. Well, to a point. He only had minor pain, and he's been running steadily since then, while I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a chance to play.

I'm going to Boston on Sunday morning and meeting my sister there. I know I'm not running, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. We're gonna hit the expo that afternoon obviously, and then get a good pasta dinner someplace, so it should be fun. I have NO idea what I'm gonna do on Monday while my sister is running! Maybe I can sleep in or something....or I could just tour the city by myself, I don't know. Jess is leaving me hanging, she's not going :) Haha, I'm sure it'll be a good time anyway. I'll be sure to get some pictures in any case.

Alright well I can't think of anything else that I wanted to say, so I'll end with a video of the good points in the hockey national championship game last weekend. The first part is the MSU goalie Jeff Lerg making a spectacular save to keep it 1-0 in favor of Boston College. The next part is MSU scoring to tie it at 1, and the third part is MSU scoring the winning goal with 19 seconds left in the game. Good stuff :)


2 Comments:

At Fri Apr 13, 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

>>Jess is leaving me hanging, she's not going :)

I feel I need to defend myself here. Haha. I can't take another day off my internship. They would not be cool with that. I'm sorry! I really wish I could go! But Boston's such a fun city. You'll find plenty to do!

 
At Mon Apr 16, 12:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can enjoy the Boston experience even though you aren't running it. Your chance will come! Stay patient and keep taking care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home