Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One step forward, two steps back

Just when I thought everything was going fine again, I woke up this morning and my leg was hurting again. Now it seems like the pain has moved from my calf to around my fibula, but still...I just want to be healthy again. Now I'm not so sure if I'm gonna run the Cooley 5K next Friday. I didn't feel comfortable enough to run today (I was planning on trying 5 miles if I felt ok), so I did 4 on the elliptical. I'm also gonna scrap any kind of speed work this week, so that probably won't leave me any time to do speed work before the 5K.

I've iced the leg five times today and I'll probably do it a 6th time before I go to bed, but it just seems so frustrating. I know I really really wanna get out there and run again, but at the same time I know I have to be patient and let this heal. I think, in the past, my downfall was getting back out there before I was back at full strength, and that just made things worse. Another good reason to skip Cooley next Friday is that my next race won't be until July 8, so that's another whole month of leeway for myself to get back into the swing of things. At any rate, let's hope this gets better quick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home