Monday, May 22, 2006

Finding my way back home

To say that this weekend was uneventful would be an understatement. I was on my feet for a good 6 hours straight on Saturday and my calf held up pretty well, though it did start to bother me near the end of the day. Great, just what I didn't need to happen. I tried to rest it most of that night and all of Sunday and I think I did a pretty good job of that. Last night I got this idea to wear my winter running spandex while sleeping because that provides some compression, and I'm not sure if it's psychological or not but it seems like it worked a little bit. I felt good enough to go running outside today for the first time in 17 days, which was nice! It was sunny and about 57 degrees today but it's supposed to be sunny all week with rising temps and that makes me happy. :) My calf felt ok, I'd say it's at about 90% now. I went 4 miles today and it held up thru the whole thing and still feels good, so that's a very good sign.

Yesterday was the Capitol Bancorp 5K in Lansing, the 4th race out of 12 in the Playmakers Race Series and I missed it because I was hurt and I was out of town anyway, but the winner won it in 14:45! That's a 4:45 mile pace....that's insane. I wish I could run that fast! Anyway the next race is Friday June 2, the Cooley Law School 5K in Lansing. If all goes well, I can get one good speed session in before then but that also means I'm gonna sacrifice a long run somewhere in there. So really I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna go all out in that race, we'll see how I feel. The last two weeks I put in 12 miles each, which are both my lowest output of the year, and I wanna get back to a good base of 15-20 miles (or more preferably 20-25 miles) by the time I start training in July for the marathon. So I guess I'll just take this day by day and decide what I wanna do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home