Monday, May 15, 2006

Almost there...

Well today was supposed to be the day that I got back out there and resumed my routine. I had nothing scheduled for today (lucky me) so instead of just sitting around all day, I decided to go to the mall and run some errands. Everything felt fine for the most part when I was walking around, but I think I was just kind of overthinking it all because my calf sort of started to hurt a bit, but it was nothing big. What made things worse was that I sort of tweaked my left knee as I was getting into the shower yesterday....it always seems to be something new with me. Anyway it's been rainy and generally crappy lately, so I wasn't too sure if I was actually gonna get outside to run today, but when I got back from the mall it was dry. So I turned on the weather channel just to make sure it was gonna stay that way, and sure enough there was a storm that was just about to hit us. So I waited for that to pass, but then I noticed a new one forming right behind it. Dammit! So between the two storms, I did a little half mile warmup just to test things out and see where I'm at. I was a bit apprehensive about doing it but I know I needed to, and the first few steps literally felt like the best thing ever. It's one of those things that's difficult to explain, but it kind of felt like I was gliding on air. My shin splints went away and my calf and knee felt good. Then about halfway through, I felt that dull pain again in my calf....not what I wanted to feel. I had already decided to go to IM West due to the pending storm, but this made me change my decision from running on a treadmill to using the elliptical trainer yet again. Don't get me wrong, I love those things because they really work your quads and hamstrings, but it seems like it takes forever to go 4 miles. What really confuses me though is that my calf felt just fine after 4 miles on the elliptical, yet it technically makes you go through the same motions as running. Hmmm. So I think I just need to give a little bit more rest. I'm almost back to full health, I can feel it...I've really just gotta keep telling myself to be patient with this. That's one thing I think I'm good at. So we'll see if I can't get out there on Wednesday...

3 Comments:

At Tue May 23, 11:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At Tue May 23, 11:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 
At Tue May 23, 11:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home