Thursday, May 18, 2006

This weather isn't helping!

The weather today was soooo nice for a while, but I couldn't get out there! My calf still hurt a bit and I didn't wanna risk anything. So I made myself go on the elliptical once again. Usually I keep my strides-per-minute around 180 but today I felt like pushing it, so I kept it around 200 strides-per-minute for 4 miles and that felt great. I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna do on Friday. I have to do an early morning workout since I'm leaving to go out of town....I don't know, we'll see how I feel. Half of me really wants to run, the other half thinks I should do one more precautionary elliptical run and then see how it feels over the weekend. Saturday I'm gonna be on my feet all day, so that's another reason I'm thinking I should play it safe.

As far as the calf goes, it was the same dull pain when I got out of bed, so all day today I bombarded it with ice, massage, Icy Hot, and anti-inflammatories. I was on my feet for most of tonight and it feels alright now, but I'm not sure if it's really better or if it's a false sense of security from the Icy Hot and ibuprofen. I'm gonna ice it one more time before I go to bed and then see how it feels in the morning. All of this running withdrawal kind of makes me relate to when people try to quit smoking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home